Do we take sufficient care of our chronic iron deficiency patients?
• Are we alert to the symptoms and complaints of these patients?
• Do we request iron studies frequently enough?
• Do we interpret these results correctly?
• DO WE ACT ON LOW FERRITIN LEVELS?
• Do we treat our patients with low ferritin levels aggressively enough?
• Do we follow up on low ferritin levels?
• Do we investigate the causes of low iron stores?
• Iron deficiency anaemia is the most prevalent anaemia worldwide
• Iron deficiency affects > 2 billion people worldwide
• Still remains undiagnosed and un-/under treated
Join us for an insightful Patient Blood Management (PBM) webinar, presented by Prof Vernon Louw (UCT)
on 25 November at 19h00.